Forehearth pouring furnaces
Forehearth pouring furnaces fitted with a stopper system can be supplied in numerous design variants to provide maximum flexibility. Depending on the application, they can come as channel- or crucible-type furnaces, with or without an integrated inductor. The furnaces can also be equipped with a pressure-control system.
Forehearth pouring furnaces for continuous casting
Our channel-type forehearth pouring furnaces - which we also optionally supply as pressurized furnaces - serve as buffers between melting and casting. They hold the molten metal at a constant temperature ready for casting.
In continuous pouring practice, the storage volume is dimensioned with a view to ensuring that the full capacity of the continuous casting plant can be used at all times. The volume is thus calculated so that there is enough metal in the furnace to cover the time needed to melt the next batch and allow for some extra time to bridge any unforeseen issues. In continuous casting lines using batch-type pouring, the bath volume is adjusted to the casting rate of the continuous casting machine.
During continuous casting mould changing and maintenance or repair of the casting machine, the furnace can be tilted upwards or moved to the side, even if filled to maximum capacity.
Benefits at a glance:
- Large storage volume
- High bath homogeneity
- Exact control of bath temperature
- High purity of casting alloy ensured by nozzle pouring
- Low gas absorption thanks to a fully covered furnace vessel
- Option of refilling during pouring
- Precise filling volume control using furnace weight measurements (optional)
- Pressure control (optional) by means of precise bath level control in the forehearth enables abrupt casting stops and exact process control
For copper alloy casting, Induga also supplies crucible-type coreless forehearth furnaces. They provide the flexibility needed for quick alloy changes and ensure a stable casting process even with alloys that are difficult to cast.
Option: Casting and alloying furnace
This furnace consists of two chambers and a forehearth heated by an inductor integrated into the furnace vessel: The casting alloy is filled into the first chamber, together with the precisely metered phosphorus additions. The second chamber is used for alloy holding and homogenizing.
The forehearth enables slag-free, multi-strand casting. The furnace can be hydraulically tilted and moved away from the casting position. This facilitates and accelerates production, CC mould changing and furnace emptying.
Outstanding features of this furnace option:
- Encapsulated design prevents air ingress and minimizes loss due to oxidation
- Special furnace design reduces energy consumption
- Optimal inductor position ensures intensive mixing of the metal in the filling chamber with material in the forehearth
- High-precision temperature control
Option: Casting furnace for tubes, sections and billets
This furnace consists of a main chamber with a flanged-on channel inductor and a forehearth serving as a tundish with an integrated CC mould. The optimized furnace geometry ensures that the metal temperature at the inflow into the mould is always constant.
Highlights of this furnace type:
- High-precision temperature control
- Mould and format changes in less than 10 minute
- Direct hydraulic coupling to the mould
- Encapsulated design avoids air ingress and minimizes loss due to oxidation
- Special, encapsulated furnace design reduces energy consumption
- Optimized inductor position ensures intensive metal mixing between the forehearth and the main furnace chamber
- Three hydraulically adjustable furnace positions for production, mould changing and emptying
- Low maintenance costs
Non-ferrous metals (copper, Al and Zn alloys)
Up to 1,350 °C, e.g., with CuNi alloys
Stationary or mobile, tiltable; pre-hearth with stopper; channel-, sandwich- or crucible-type inductor; continuous or batch-type pouring; pressurized version available as three-chamber furnace
From 5.0 up to 80.0 t
Up to 20 t/h
From 250 up to 1,200 kW
Cast_furnace_tubes_profilespdf | 1,53 MB
Copper_Coreless_Holding_Casting_Furnacepdf | 2,14 MB
Holding_Casting_Verticalpdf | 2,83 MB
PB_02_Vergießofen für Rohre und Profilepdf | 1,65 MB
PB_16_Speicher- und Gießofen für Vertikalstranggusspdf | 1,12 MB
PB_17_Strangguss-Speicherofen mit Tiegelinduktorpdf | 1,33 MB